- (ROBOT-2495) Better detection and resiliency for communication errors with external tool.
- (ROBOT-2515) Robot may be unresponsive after staying in error for long time.
- (ROBOT-2489) Fix gripper force after resetting a motion error.
- (ROBOT-2427) Robot performs joint move instead of linear move in rare case of extreme change of direction at very high speed.
- (ROBOT-2433) Syntax error in EDS file (EthernetIP)
- (ROBOT-2435) Blending of valve control command (SetValveState) with cartesian motion commands.
- (ROBOT-2450) Add optional argument to ActivateRobot to allow forcing a re-initialization.
- (ROBOT-2421) Brakes are not always engaged at full strength when drives are deactivated or brakes are re-engage manually.
- (ROBOT-1063) Support for meca500 revision 4 robots.
- (ROBOT-2271) Support for EStop without rebooting the robot (on Meca500 revision 4+ only)
- (ROBOT-2308) Homing the robot is now required only once after boot-up.
- (ROBOT-2372) Reduce velocity effects on gripper force.
- (ROBOT-2343) New robot API command 'GetExtToolFwVersion'.
- (ROBOT-2360) Prevent writing to permanent storage during bootup if not required.
- (ROBOT-2361) Potential boot failure after upgrading.
- (ROBOT-2291) Dynamic Data incorrectly described in EtherCAT XML file.
- (ROBOT-2299) Error in EtherNet/IP EDS file in description of dynamic array 0 data in input data assembly.
- (ROBOT-2280) Joint 5 may be off by 1.5 degrees after homing from specific positions.
- (ROBOT-1074) Profinet protocol support.
- (ROBOT-2224) When loop is enabled, using the step button runs the whole program.
- (ROBOT-1871) Improved precision of linear moves near singularities.
- (ROBOT-2133) Support starting offline programs using EtherCAT.
- (ROBOT-1939) Linear move may cause incorrect conf change near joint limits.
- (ROBOT-2157) All LEDs keep flashing in EtherCAT mode.
- (ROBOT-0410) New EtherCAT and Ethernet/IP cyclic data to get all robot information (WRF, TRF, Motion queue, real-time data...).
- (ROBOT-0552) New robot API command 'MoveJointRel'.
- (ROBOT-0775) New robot API command 'setExtToolSim' to emulate gripper or valve box.
- (ROBOT-1049) new robot API command ' SetRobotName' / 'GetRobotName'.
- (ROBOT-1087) Support robot recovery mode.
- (ROBOT-1152) Pneumatic module independent valves control.
- (ROBOT-1464) New real-time events on monitoring port for WRF, TRF, checkpoint and gripper/valve-box status.
- (ROBOT-1564) New robot API commands 'SetCtrlPortMonitoring' and 'Sync'.
- (ROBOT-1614) Gripper Position Control.
- (ROBOT-1748) Cartesian moves are now possible from/to/through singularities in some cases.
- (ROBOT-0920) Robot is now rebooted automatically after any firmware upgrades (including drives and external tools.
IMPORTANT: The following behavior have been implemented in version 9. If you are upgrading from a previous version
(ex. 8.4), this section will be of particular importance.
- (ROBOT-0410) EtherNet/IP and EtherCAT cyclic data format has changed. Some data, previously reported by the robot for every cycle, has been moved and is now available only through new 'Dynamic data'. This includes: Joint velocities, Joint torque ratios, Accelerometer, and Gripper status.
- (ROBOT-1732) Torque limit status (3028) is sent every time torque limit status changes (exceeded or not) for events severity different than 'no action'. Torque limit error (3029) is also sent if torque limit severity is set to 'error'.
Responses and messages:
3028[0|1] Torque limit status (not detected, detected)
3029 Excessive torque error occurred causing the robot to enter error state.
- (ROBOT-1815) SetConf Behavior changes in version 9.0.5 related to 'SetConf' and 'SetConfTurn'.
In version 8, using 'MoveJoints' or 'MoveJointsVel' would override any value previously provided using 'SetConf' / 'SetConfTurn'
In version 9, 'MoveJoints' and 'MoveJointsVel' will no longer override values provided using 'SetConf' / 'SetConfTurn'.
If previous behavior is required: use 'SetAutoConf(0)' / 'SetAutoConfTurn(0)' after 'MoveJoints' / 'MoveJointsVel' to update requested conf/turn from new joints position
'SetAutoConfTurn' is now enabled by default (it was disabled by default, forced to turn 0)
Behavior change in real-time "conf" ('GetRtTargetConf', 'GetRtConf', and corresponding real-time data codes 2208/2218):
When the robot position is on a singularity, the conf reported will be 0 (it used to be arbitrary 1 or -1). This is useful for users to know the robot is on a singularity and that position may be considered valid in both conf (+1 or -1). Example, on Wrist singularity the conf could be reported as (1,1,0)
- (ROBOT-2169) The behavior of linear moves' 180 degrees protection has changed.
Old behavior: The robot used to prevent linear moves that caused any joint to move by more than 180 degrees. This was blocking some valid linear moves from being performed.
New behavior: The robot refuses a linear move if the initial and final orientations are 180 degrees from each other (in which case there is ambiguity about the direction along which the robot end-effector should be rotating).
- (ROBOT-0820) 'End of offline program' event inconsistent when running multiple programs.
- (ROBOT-2416) Fix homing on a Meca500R2.
- (ROBOT-2421) Brakes re not always engaged at full strength when drives are deactivated or brakes are re-engaged manually.
- (ROBOT-1946) Joint torque ratio does not work properly in EtherCAT.
- (ROBOT-2360) Prevent writing to permanent storage during bootup if not required.
- (ROBOT-1763) Checkpoint events sent too late when SetCheckpoint is used between MovePose commands.
- (ROBOT-1765) Homing fails when joint 6 is near 360 degrees.
- (ROBOT-1779) Expand valid joint ranges for mastering R2 robots.
- (ROBOT-1416) New command to enable logging of all API commands and responses to robot log (TCP/IP, EIP and ECAT)
- (ROBOT-1377) Monitoring events don't always respect the requested interval.
- (ROBOT-1468) MoveLin gets interrupted by setGripperVel.
- (ROBOT-1481) Delay command sometimes lasts longer than requested.
- (ROBOT-1362) Robot can't recover PStop2 during velocity-mode moves.
- (ROBOT-1371) Debug trace level unexpectedly set back to 3 when ECAT master connects to the robot.
- (ROBOT-1372) Random out-of-workspace or singularity errors during linear moves.
- (ROBOT-1266) Gripper not working with R2 robots.
- (ROBOT-1295) Can't deactivate in EtherCAT after failure to reset error.
- (ROBOT-1323) Robot no more responding if new error occurs while clearing previous error.
- (ROBOT-1337) ECAT slave can invert order of status PDO sent to master if using short cycle time.
- (ROBOT-1294) Visible web interface panels can now be chosen while connected in Monitoring mode.
- (ROBOT-1247) Ethernet link myst remain down until robot is ready to handle EtherCAT frames.
- (ROBOT-0355) Many new TCP/Web "Get" commands (corresponding to various "Set" commands). see documentation for details.
- (ROBOT-0633) Support for moving joint 6 outside +- 180 degrees with Cartesian moves.
- (ROBOT-0708) Support user-defined joint limits (Get/SetJointLimits).
- (ROBOT-1051) Support user-defined torques limits (Get/setTorqueLimits).
- (ROBOT-1129) Support for real-time monitoring data on port 10001 (joint position, velocity, accelerometer, etc.).
- (ROBOT-1211) Fixed homing timeout over Ethernet/IP with R2 robots.
- New TCP/web commands (TcpDump, SetRtc, LogTrace)
- (ROBOT-1099) Lower minimum gripper/velocity force limit to 5 percent.
- (ROBOT-1108) Checkpoints are not cleared from FIFO buffer after ClearMove.
- (ROBOT-1137) File descriptor leak (socket) in EIP stack.
- (ROBOT-1233) Possible network configuration file corruption fix.
- (ROBOT-1234) Improve EtherCAT timing (down to 1ms).
- (ROBOT-1286) EtherNet/IP EDS is using 64 bits field which are incompatible with some PLCs.
- Robot production improvements.
- (ROBOT-0939) Motion Resumed response should not be sent after Homing or deactivating robot.
- (ROBOT-0974) Network settings dialog in web interface may report wrong values.
- (ROBOT-1009) In some situation, autoconf does not choose the closest (least movement) robot configuration upon a MovePose.
- (ROBOT-0149) Support for the Ethernet/IP control protocol.
- (ROBOT-0699) Precise (1um) Position Control Incremental Move (jogging) in web interface. When using Incremental jogging, standard motion errors will be triggered if the robot reaches a joint limit or a singularity.
- (ROBOT-0919) The requirement of pressing the CTRL key to jog with a joystick key has been removed.
- (ROBOT-0912) Robot is now rebooted automatically after any firmware upgrades (including drives an external tools).
- (ROBOT-0871) If activation fails, robot enters an invalid state where the motors stay activated.
- (ROBOT-0918) 0G and brake release doesn't work before a first robot activation.
- (ROBOT-0967) Receiving |Connected to Meca500 R3 v8.1.x| message before boot sequence finishes.
- (ROBOT-0976) PStop reset does not work in some cases.
- (ROBOT-0385) Cannot reconnect to robot in some cases (report user already connected while there is none).
- (ROBOT-0857) The commands 'ResetError' and DeactivateRobot' do no always return a response message.
- (ROBOT-0861) The reset error command triggers an EOB response if there is an error to reset.
- (ROBOT-0913) Upgrade from Beta/RC versions causes calibration parameters to be lost.
- (ROBOT-0960) The web interface sends 'MoveJointsVel' event if the robot has reached its destination while jogging in the web portal.
- (ROBOT-0595) SpaceMouse and 3-axis joystick are now supported and update the icon files.
- (ROBOT-0826) The web interface does not return the actual network configuration in the setting menu.
- (ROBOT-0829) Joint position is offset by one motor turn after doing homing from some positions.
- (ROBOT-0845) SetMotionOptions triggers 'Robot is not activated' response.
- (ROBOT-0752) The motion profile of the robot could have an overshoot during acceleration and deceleration if the acceleration is not initialized.
- (ROBOT-0766) The robot positions reported in EtherCAT oscillate between the desired and actual position.
- (ROBOt-0776) For some motion sequences, the robot stops moving for about 60 seconds once every 71 minutes.
- (ROBOT-0734) Web interface sends a velocity command (with speed 0) when the window is losing focus
- (ROBOT-0744) Robot persistent storage can be corrupted if power is interrupted while the robot was logging an activity trace.
- (ROBOT-0697) Incorrect SetGripperForce parameter range in the web interface.
- (ROBOT-0666) A raw TCP/IP connection was wrongfully detected as a WebSocket connection.
- (ROBOT-0667) Gripper commands were executed with preceding Cartesin-space motion commands. They are now executed only when the mouvement is completed, as in firmware 7.
- (ROBOT-0668) Modifications were made to the robot joint mode acceleration. Acceleration can now be set at up to 150%.
- (ROBOT-0675) Restored the same default acceleration (100%) as in firmware 7.
- (ROBOT-0650) Upload of update image to robot's web interface was blocked.
- (ROBOT-0652) Monitoring connections from the web interface were not closed correctly.
- (ROBOT-0659) Looping in web interface was not working when using commands that don't make the robot move.
- (ROBOT-0392) Support for the protective stop 2 (Stop Category 2) in the robot controller.
- (ROBOT-0495) Cartesian-space movements that require joint rotations of more than 180° are now blocked. This limit can be bypassed with a special command.
- A Jogging toggle button was added in the web interface to switch between jogging and program execution modes.
- (ROBOT-0067) Added motion commands allowing velocity-mode control. You can now feed the desired Cartesian or joint velocity to the robot every 2ms.
- (ROBOT-0066) Jogging can now be done using 3Dconnexion's SpaceMouse from the new Joystick tab in the web interface.
- (ROBOT-0548) Added the command SetNetworkOptions for setting network parameters.
- (ROBOT-0496) Added the command GetFwVersion for obtaining the firmware version.
- (ROBOT-0540) Added FIFO Cleared status bit to report when a ClearMotion command has been executed in EtherCAT.
- (ROBOT-0403) Added SDO 0x8010 to disable/enable the brakes (when the robot is deactivated) in EtherCAT.
- The message |as, hs, sm, es, pm, eob, eom| is now also sent over port 10 001 but automatically and as soon as the robot status changes.
- Added the command SetCheckpoint.
- (ROBOT-0064) Added the command SetMonitoringInterval that changes the refresh interval on port 10 001.
- A program can now be saved even if the robot is activated and homed.
- Added Request Log tab in the web interface where virtually all commands sent to the robot are now displayed.
- (ROBOt-0167) 0G Button works in EtherCAT mode as well as when the robot is connected to a computer via the web interface.
- Angular velocity (1A04h), Torque Ration (1A05h), Accelerometer (1A06h), Grippe Status (1A07h) and Configuration (1A08h) are now available as PDOs in EtherCAT
- New movement control (Move ID 6015h:1) added in EtherCAT.
- (ROBOT-0435) In the web interface, the loop option could cause the program to be sent more than once, even if looping was disabled.
- (ROBOT-0600) A Delay command sent immediately after a MoveLin command could generate a longer delay than requested.
- (ROBOT-0210) When executing one of the velocity-mode command with an argument that exceeded its maximum, the robot controller simply replaced the argument with its maximum value instead of generating an error.
- (ROBOT-0395) When homing with a joint being close to one of its limits, the robot fell in error mode or the resulting joint position was incorrect.
- (ROBOT-0424) Motion commands were sometimes ignored when the cycle time was set to 2ms in EtherCAT.
- (ROBOT-0456-0509) The sub-indices EOB, EOM and Paused was always kept high in EtherCAT.
- (ROBOT-0450) The command SetOfflineProgramLoop did not return an error message if sent while no program was being saved.
- (ROBOT-0480) The TRF and WRF frames were not reset on robot activation.
- (ROBOT-0493) Changed the TCP keep-alive timeout from 1 second to 10 second to prevent disconnection on packet loss.
- (ROBOT-0481) A movement could cause a motion error because the desired acceleration was higher that in the previous firmware version.
- (ROBOT-0484) When reconnecting to a robot from the web interface, the existing program was automatically sent for execution.
- The signal EOB was missing when the movement was short.
- (ROBOT-0430) Joint 6 was limited to ±175° in the web interface, instead of ±180°.
- The robot did not always recover from error mode.
- Impossible to reconnect when the Ethernet cable was disconnected while the port was open.
- Unit symbols were editable in the web interface.
- The IP address formatting in the web interface was not correct.
- The panels of the web interface did not resize correctly on small monitors.
- Jogging was blocked when a maximum value was reached.
- Names of register 6030h, 6031h and 6032h in EtherCAT were not correct.
- The Category 2 protective stop is now reset with the command ResetPStop.
- (ROBOT-0065) The grip force range for the MEPG25 has been changed to [10%, 100%] from [0%, 100%].
- (ROBOT-0107) An input field has been added next to the "Save offline program" button in the web interface for specifying the ID number of the program to be saved.
- The message numbers for joint sets and the pose feedback on the monitoring port (10 001) change to 2026 and 2027 respectively.
- (ROBOT-0125) Each offline program can now store up to 13 000 motion commands.
- For the offline program saving, new response messages (1030, 1031) replace the old ones (3018, 3013).
- (ROBOT-0472) The socket latency has been reduced.
- Commands in the Quick Command drop-down list are now in alphabetical order.
- PDOs 1601h, 1602h, 1603h, 1604h, 1605h, 1606h have been removed in EtherCAT.
- Moving communication mode from 7800h to 8000h in EtherCAT.
- Different acceleration affect the blending behavior now.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article